May 31, 2005

Where did the weekend go?

Well, I had a great long weekend, but although I thought it could never end, end it did. Faster than I expected. And now it's already Tuesday. Yipes.


I went on a bit of a shopping spree this weekend, because I was seriuosly in need of some new clothes. Luckily, my need to clothe myself happened to fall on a weekend where all the stuff I wanted was massively on sale at the mall. I bought 3 pairs of capris (with lots of pockets! hooray for functional pockets!), 9 shirts, and a zip-up sweatshirt for a total of $150. How awesome am I? I'm very excited. The most I spent on any one item was $30 (for the capris I'd been eyeing for 2 months, on sale from $56); the least I spent on any one item was $2.99 (for a super-thin pink shirt for layering). Now I should be set on clothes for another 2 years or so. (really, I rarely buy clothes)


Chris is between quarters in school now, so we got to actually spend some time together hanging out. Spending time with the hubby is good.


My overreaching goal for the weekend, though, was to get as much sleep as humanly possible. I've been feeling majorly sleep deprived, so I was determined to remedy that this weekend. I didn't really get to do much sleeping in (Monday morning I woke up at 9:30 on my own, which was strange) but we went to bed pretty early most nights, so I got some decent sleep, then I managed to take a nap EVERY DAY which was the best part. So I was feeling pretty good for once. I'm gonna see how long I can continue to get some decent sleep and see if it lasts.


Last night we went over to a friend's house and watched a very strange Japanese movie called Casshern. I will go on record saying this was the strangest movie I've ever seen in my entire life. The graphics were crazy awesome, but none of us had any idea what was happening most the time, and it really seemed like the creators couldn't decide what sort of style or feel to give the movie, so they used every one they thought of at least once (even what appeared to be claymation for about 8 seconds). Really, really strange. Kind of painful for the last 45 minutes or so because we didn't know how much longer it would drag out, and didn't really know what was happening anyways.


I think it's coming to the US sometime though... maybe they'll tidy it up a bit for us before it does. Let's hope.

1 comment:

chris said...

it really was a strange movie...i would recommend it to anyone who enjoys being confused with anime inspired humans and over the top acting/preaching against humans/war.