May 26, 2005

Updates from the Bay Window

I realized it's been a while since I last gushed about my plants and my birds, so I thought I would give you all an update.


The tomato plant just keeps getting bigger, but I only have 5 tomatoes growing on it. I was hoping for many more. I guess trying to pollinate it didn't really work. But I don't know what else I could have done. It's at least 7 feet tall now, though. Crazy. And the pepper plant has flowered a lot but hasn't grown any bell peppers, so I guess that was a flop. It's also infested with aphids that I can't get rid of, no matter how much soap spray I attack them with. Alas.


My parsley is still faring well, though, and I've started some basil from seeds and they seem to be behaving, although it will be a while before I know if it really worked.


As for the birds, the baby is now eating solid food, but he's still really picky about what he eats. At least now he's eating other stuff when I don't give him millet. And they're both in the same cage, and they don't fight when they're in the same cage, but they also don't really cuddle with each other. Bubs just tries to stay away from the little one, and that's about it. Unfortunately, I haven't had a lot of time to love on them lately, so the little one doesn't like to be out with me now. I need to work on him some more. And Bubs is back to pulling out feathers, which is why we bought the other one in the first place. So I guess he's either still bored with the other bird in the cage, or it's just a habit he's not going to break. Alas.


And that's it. I probably won't talk about my plants and pets again for a while since they're not nearly as interesting as they were for a while.

No comments: