May 04, 2005

Birds

So I'm rather obsessed with my bird situation currently. Having a new one really requires a lot of time and attention... I have to make sure I train him right when he's little, and I'm still trying to make sure Bubs feels loved and becomes friends with the new one. Much energy. The new little one is doing well. He's eating when I feed him, and he's also munching on his spray millet in his cage. And after just two days, he's already getting on my hand when I put it in the cage instead of hiding from it. He's already learning to step up... and I'm working on the potty training, although I expect that to take a while. Right now I just wear a shirt I don't care about whenever I'm home, because with two birds I am pooped on about 3 times as often as I was with just one. But anyways, yes, they're doing well, although still not into each other.


As for the name situation, I'm having a tough time calling him So and So... it just doesn't work for me. I keep calling him "Little one" without meaning to, and sometimes The Littlest Elf. So I thought maybe I'd just call him Li'l Brudder and that would work since it's still a Homestar reference... he's just... little... and requires a name with "little" in it. I don't know. I can't help it. Maybe he'll be one of those pets that has a name no one calls him, and then has a nickname that everyone calls him. ::Shrugs::


I'm done for now.

No comments: