May 17, 2005

PEZ and Recipes

Okay, so I'm a little blog-happy today.


I am trying to come up with an easy way to keep track of recipes online. Being the domesticated woman I am, I find myself often talking about recipes with friends, and I'm always saying "I'll email you this recipe..." but darnit, that takes alot of work! What I want to do is find a recipe website that will let me put all my favorite recipes into its database, then provide a link on this website to my recipes so that my friends can find them all in one place. I've tried signing up for Recipezaar, Epicurious, and AllRecipes with that in mind, but none of them have anything close! Recipezaar is the only one that lets you post your own recipes, but they have to approve it for their list, so I can't keep private recipes without paying for their premium service. Even then, my recipe list would only consist of ones I've added myself, not of recipes that I've saved to my recipe box from other users. I thought of trying wikipes, because at least there you can make a page from a search, so I could link to a search page of recipes by "kendra skeene", but with wikipes I run the risk of other users deciding to edit my recipe, thereby messing it up. No good. I could make my own database for it, but it wouldn't be as complete, because it wouldn't automagically show nutrition info like many of the other services offer. Bleh.


The point of all this is to say that if anyone knows of another recipe site that would cater to my all-too-specific needs, please let me know. There's a lovely little link below labeled "Comments" where you can tell me your ideas.

No comments: