May 23, 2005

More Cool Websites

Continuing my recent raving over cool websites and web browsers that make life just a little better, I've got two more to add to the list.


Backpack. You can sign up for a free account or upgrade if it suits you, but this is a pretty cool tool. It's really new, so there are some features missing that will be added later, but you basically get 5 pages of space to keep track of your life online. Like I've said before, I use 3 different computers on a daily basis, so it's nice to have a place online to store things that I'll want from anywhere. With Backpack I'm able to keep a page of info about grad schools, freelance projects, Princeton Review training weekends, or whatever all at my fingertips. For example, instead of trying to keep all my info for the past weekend in Atlanta in a million pieces of paper or a few different emails, I used Backpack to keep one page online that listed links to Google Map directions, my hotel info, my food stipend info, meeting times, car rental info, contact information, etc all together on one site. Then I could print it all out together when I needed to hit the road. Super cool.


While we're on the topic of how the internet can help you make plans, AAA has a website where youc an calculate the cost of gas on a road trip. You input where you're at, where you're going, the make and model of your car, and then it will calculate the current price of gas with the gas mileage on your car to give you a good approximation of how much it will cost you to take that road trip. Very cool for budgeting.


I love technology.

No comments: