May 17, 2005

Linkability

Yesterday I decided to make a PHP database to manage the links that Chris and I have on our links page. It seemed easier than editing the HTML and uploading every time I wanted to add a link, and although it took a couple hours to create the database, port everything over, and write an admin interface for Chris and I to manage them, I think it will save us time in the long run, AND encourage us to add links, now that it's so easy. What does this mean? Well, it means I went a little link-happy and put a whole bunch of extra links on my side. It's really a reference for me more than anything else, since I am on 3 different computers on a daily basis, and get tired of trying to figure out where I saved that bookmark. Now I still have a million random bookmarks in a million places, but anything I might want from anywhere is there on that page.


One of the new additions to the Reference section is Answers.com. I just discovered this site, and it beats the pants off dictionary.com and thesaurus.com. It's basically your one-stop answer shop. Good stuff. I just had to share.

No comments: