May 08, 2005

Gainesville, part 2

Yesterday we went back to Gainesville for Chris to take some more pictures. It went well, and we got to see the Gearys, and a couple of Chris's friends. Fun, but way too much driving.


chris on hwy 301


Yesterday was also, for me, "TV Advertising Influences" day, because I made two purchases based on TV commercials. I decided for lunch to try Arby's turkey reuben because it looked good on the commercials. Not only did I realize that fast food is ridiculously priced (what ever happened to 99 cent sandwiches??), but I was reminded that things never are as good as they look in the commercials. The "toasted" bread was mushy. Not so good, in general. Then I decided to try the new lime Coca Cola. Again, not that exciting. I rarely drink soda, but this coke didn't taste any different from regular, to me. So I've learned my lesson not to buy stuff from commercials.


Bubs (the older lovebird) is pretty mad at us for leaving him alone all of yesterday, so we've had to pay for it with unstoppable squawking from the eldest lovebird today.

No comments: