June 19, 2005

Extremely Loud

Saturday we went to Tallahassee for a wedding, Sunday we returned to Savannah. It's a 5 hour drive, so I got to do a lot of reading... I read a book that Chris had already finished, that we borrowed from a friend of ours, called Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer. All I can say is... wow. This was an amazing book. I laughed out loud, I fought back tears, and a couple of times I just had to stop and sit and feel incredibly helpless... that's how amazing it was. I would definitely recommend it.


I guess soon I'll have to read Everything is Illuminated but Chris checked that out from the library, and then he returned it so our friend Angela could check it out, so I guess I have to wait for her to finish it. That's okay though because I may need a short break from emotion after that one... maybe I'll read something else in between, or maybe I'll be too busy to read for a few weeks (more likely). Anyways.

No comments: