September 14, 2010

Crochet Octopus

I bought this crochet octopus pattern back in January. I started crocheting it, piece by piece, tentacle by tentacle, sucker by sucker in May or so. I wasn't in a hurry, I just wanted to work on it whenever I had a little bit of time. You know, during lunch breaks, long car rides, church service, whatever. The cool thing about a pattern like this is that you really can just bring a little bit of yarn with you and just work on one piece of it at a time and then put them all together at home later.

And last night I finally finished him! I haven't named him yet. I think he will be Zeke's Christmas gift from me. So maybe I'll let Zeke name him.






I love how realistic he looks, and how easy the pattern is. I recommend it to anyone wanting to get into crochet. I've actually taught a few people how to crochet recently, and plan to do another craft night at my house in a couple of months to do a "refresher" course for anyone who needs it. Crochet is just too enjoyable to keep it all to myself.

4 comments:

Sister-man said...

I taught victor how to crochet and felt, i need to post pictures i took of him

Yvetta said...

Is there any chance you might be offering your goldfish pattern again? I fell in love with it and was hoping you might be willing to share, even if it hasn't been fixed yet. You're amazing, by the way.

kendra said...

S, I'm so glad you like the goldfish!
I actually have someone testing out the goldfish pattern right now, so hopefully I will be able to post a revised version at some point. I've had a number of people offer to test it out and help me revise it, but this is the first time someone has actually followed through. So no promises with how long it will take, but I do hope to repost it at SOME point.

Yvetta said...

I'm so glad to hear it! Thank you for sharing your genius with the world.