November 24, 2005

Kids' Thanksgiving

Today we had "The Kids' Thanksgiving" down in Jax. My brother and his fiancee hosted thanksgiving for me, Chris, and Chris's brother Sam. Our friend Paul came and had thanksgiving with us, too. Matt & Sara made the turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, broccoli casserole, stuffing, and candied yams. I made the corn casserole, green bean casserole, deviled eggs, and Chris made "pink stuff." We also brought pumpkin pie. So we had a LOT of food. It was yummy. There were leftovers to bring home. That made me happy. I really love thanksgiving. I think it's my favorite holiday. The whole point of the holiday is to eat lots of yummy food and hang out. And sleep, although I didn't get my traditional nap this year. Really, you can't beat it.


And we were pretty happy with our ability to hold our own with a full thanksgiving dinner cooked without the help of our parents, who until now were always in charge of thanksgiving preparations. I think we did a pretty good job of handling things. Our only mishaps were turkey that had to be put back in the oven to cook longer, and hard-boiled eggs that I had to nuke a bit longer because I didn't cook them all the way through. We live and learn.

No comments: