July 30, 2005

service rant

I don't know what's going on with companies that do their business online lately, but I haven't gotten proper service from anyone without complaining in over a month. Really, it's ridiculous. We ordered stickers to sell for the movie, and they wouldn't have arrived in time if I hadn't emailed a complaint at how long they were taking (once I complained, they printed and mailed them off overnight that day so that we got them in time). We ordered business cards that were supposed to arrive within 10 days, but they didn't arrive within 20 days and so we didn't have them for the convention. I emailed multiple times with no response, so I called and they printed them and mailed them out within 2 days. I registered a website name for a client on Tuesday, and as of today although my payment had gone through, the info hadn't actually been processed and I still couldn't access the website. I emailed on Thursday and got no response, so today (Saturday) I emailed and said that I had 5 sites with them currently (which I do) and that all further sites would be hosted with someone else if I didn't get an immediate response, and low and behold, the site was up within 2 hours. Really. Ridiculous. I'm having similar trouble with freelance work, where I am not getting paid unless I harass the accountant(s) regularly. I'm starting to get really frustrated with the way things work. Why can't any companies do their job unless I complain that they haven't done their job? Is anyone else experiencing this?

No comments: