July 18, 2005

Crazy Busy Weekend

Well I had quite a fun weekend. Friday night my friend Angela and I drove to Columbia, SC (a little over 2 hours driving) to see Tiffany and her boyfriend. They were in town just for the weekend, and I haven't seen Tif in almost 2 years, and I've never met her boyfriend, so that's why we drove there. We had sushi and coffee and yakked about college and stuff we did 4 and 5 years ago... it was fun. Then Angela and I drove back home, and I was in my bed by around 1:30am.


Then Saturday, my brother and his girlfriend came up to visit from Jax. We wandered downtown and went to Fort Pulaski and such. I haven't seen them in ages, too (at least 8 - 10 months). We had fun. It was really hot, though, and I think we all baked in the sun. So we spent some time just hanging around in my apartment playing with Google Earth. If you think google maps are fun, you've gotta download Google Earth. We were zipping around the world, looking at my grandparents' house in rural Indiana, visiting the Eiffel Tower and the Colisseum... I love this program. (Chris and Matt's girlfriend were entirely uninterested... those losers). I always sucked at Geography, so I guess this stuff is fascinating to me because I feel like I can see stuff and get a better sense of the layout of things. Especially if I have an aerial view of "That's Grandma's house, and there's the country store we always go to, and that's where they are in relation to each other" and stuff. Much fun.


I think that's about all the excitement for the weekend. Much fun. And this weekend we go to Cleveland for that PEZ convention. Oh, the excitement never stops!

No comments: