April 23, 2005

My Tomato Plant

I don't really know why I'm all about posting pictures all of a sudden, but I am. About a month ago I bought this tiny tomato plant (about 8 inches high) and I read up on what I should do to grow it indoors... so I planted him in a big pot with a lot of peat and percolite in with the soil, and set it by my south-facing window to try and give him the most sun possible while still indoors. And now he's HUGE! I keep thinking it will stop getting taller, but he just keeps going... about a foot a week, it seems... before long I'm gonna hafta get him a bigger pot.


my tomato plant and my bell pepper plant


He's flowering, but no tomatos yet. In comparison, I also bought a bell pepper plant at the same time (that's him next to the huge tomato plant) and he's only about tripled in size since I got him. I'm not sure what to expect from them as far as actually producing fruit, but they're fun to watch anyways.

No comments: