April 17, 2005

Mmmm.... Shellfish...

My parents came to visit this weekend, and we had a great time. We walked all over downtown (great walking weather!), and ate some yummy food at some yummy places... actually, we pretty much filled the whole time they were here with either walking or eating. Oh, and I showed them where I work and stuff, but that was part of walking around downtown. They brought their yorkshire terrier with them for the trip (her name is Corkey), and since Savannah is such a dog-friendly city, we were able to take her with us on a few of our excursions. Sunday morning she went down to Gallery Espresso with us for breakfast (they let the dogs inside, believe it or not), and then walked around downtown, then we took her with us to Tybee Island, where we went to The Crab Shack for lunch. It's all outdoors, and Corkey was able to sit under the table the whole time. She was so happy to get to go everywhere with us.


Anyways, The Crab Shack was a lot of fun. They have a big shellfish platter that is supposed to feed 2, but was enough for all 4 of us... crab legs, shrimp, clams, crawfish, sausage, corn, and potatoes... yum! It was awesome. It's all outdoors, and they play Jimmy Buffet, and there's a hole in the middle of the table with a trashcan underneath to throw your shells and stuff... really a very clever setup. We had a great time.


So my belly is happy... and I'm sure I've burned off all the calories walking around downtown. Lots of fun.


My final though, I decided to grab a Google Map (maps.google.com) of the downtown area, and all the highlighted parts are where we walked at least once this weekend. Like I said, lots of walking.


No comments: