September 21, 2005

expensive tastes

So a couple years back, Tiffany brought a bunch of stuff back from Japan, and included in her stuff from Japan was a lot of green tea. The labels were all in Japanese, of course, so all I knew was that it was "Japanese green tea." And I loved it, so I drank a lot of it. Now it is gone. It's actually been gone for a while. I tried finding more, and what I found was Sencha green at Wards... but it's not quite the same.


So today I went down to the Savannah Tea Room to see if they had what I wanted. After lots of explaining and lots of tea-sniffing, we found it... and I discovered I have very expensive taste in tea. While I could get an ounce of Sencha for $3.00 from them (and I could get that at Wards for even less), it was $9.00 for an ounce of Gyokuro, which is what my taste buds crave. Alas. I settled for an ounce of Cherry Blossom Sencha, and headed back to my computer to find some Gyokruo (Jade Dew) green tea online... only to find very similar prices everywhere I go. Considering I'm always excited about how inexpensive it is to be a tea drinker, I'm just not able to bring myself, so far, to purchase some of this pricey loose tea.


So far, the cheapest I've found is here, but I'd have to buy a lot of it. Enjoying Tea also has an okay price. But for now I'm gonna keep looking for alternatives. Alas.

No comments: