August 18, 2005

no interesting title

Well, let's see... i haven't posted for a while because althought I've been waxing and waning between super busy and waiting on feedback from everybody about everything (like I am now) there's not much to talk about. I'm trying to make enough $$ in freelance work to get a new apple laptop, as my 5-year-old mac has decided to pretty much quit functioning on any useful level, and considering it's so old, I've pretty much given up trying to get it to behave any better. So Chris and I have been sharing his computer, but we both need it too often so that causes problems. But I need a couple other projects to go thru before I'll be able to get a new machine... so I just dream about it a lot.


I managed to finish (barely!) crocheting a baby blanket for Luisa before her shower last Saturday. It turned out very well, i must say. I was very proud. And Luisa seemed to like it, so hooray!


And... for now that's it. Nothing exciting to share about my birds or my plants (which although they're flourishing, never did really provide me with much in the way of produce). Oh! Katie gave me a wonderful goldfish shower curtain that makes me smile. I took a picture and will have to post it soon.


So that's all for now. Sorry to be so darned boring lately.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, pour some life into that tired old mac of yours and install Linux on it. They've had some mac distros for awhile, and they're probably rather functional. Find the hidden power within that The Man does not want you to see.

kendra said...

silly john, i don't know the first thing about linux, and my problem with my old mac is that it's slow compared to the new stuff. besides, i'm a designer, not a programmer, remember?

But once I get my new computer and transfer all my files, if you want you can have my old mac to do what you please with... as long as you come visit us.

Anonymous said...

SWEET!