August 24, 2005

books

Today I finished reading Blue Like Jazz. I would definitely recommend it... the author is just really honest about his thoughts about God and spirituality, and just dealing with things in life. It was great... and awesome because he was so open to admit that he doesn't know everything, that he has faults, and here's what he's learned from some of his faults, and here's what he's learned about God and about life and about love from other people. Very great food for thought. And he's a bit of a hippie liberal, which is great too, because a lot of his non-conventional thoughts on stuff really resonated with what I think... and it's just good to remember sometimes that not every Christian is a die-hard Republican.


I also finished listening to the audio book of Lord of the Flies today. Good book. Disturbing. I had a friend in High School who had read it and felt it was necessary to add "I have the conch!" to many conversations, so I kept being reminded of that throughout the book. She also felt it was appropriate to interrupt conversations with "But I'm cute!" ... that has nothing to do with Lord of the Flies, I just remembered it.


I'm going to bed now.

No comments: