August 23, 2005

apples and green peppers

So when I said my computer wasn't functioning well, what i really meant was that it won't boot up. I suspected it had big problems, but thought maybe, just maybe, a cord came loose and that once I dug around through all the cords, it would start up again, but I was wrong. (Sorry, John, but you can still have it if you want to try and make it boot up). So I finally bit the bullet and ordered my new laptop. I mean, I'm a web designer. I can't very well be without a computer. So I'm all kinds of excited for when my shiny new apple comes to my door. It should be soon.


In other news, I gave up on my green pepper plant about a month ago. It was crawling with bugs and flowering but not actually creating peppers, no matter how hard I tried to pollenate the flowers. So I gave up, stuck him out on our back porch where I was sure we'd forget about him (it's kind of a pain to get to our back porch, and it's nothing to look at, so basically the only person to go out there is Chris, when taking out the garbage). Well, much to my surprise, it's completely thriving out there. Chris watered it while I forgot about it, and the rain's been helping with the watering, too. Plus, green pepper plants love heat, so I guess it's having a great time in the 97 degree whether as opposed to the 78 degree weather indoors. Because, much to my surprise, I have a single solitary green pepper growing on it now. Oh joy and happiness. I can't wait for it to get big so I cut him up and eat him. Now at least I know never to try and grow a green pepper indoors. Or tomatoes, cuz that one is still gigantic but lacking in fruit... I guess they need to be outside for that stuff to happen. ::sigh::

No comments: