January 02, 2009

The Skeene's Annual Tour de Florida

Well, the Skeenes have just completed their annual Tour de Florida, with a grand total of 7 cities over 13 days. This year's tour included stays in Jacksonville, Fort Myers, Lakeland, Fort Meade, Riverview, and Orlando/Lake Mary, with a cameo in Gainesville. Phew! It was great to see everyone and we had a good time everywhere we went... we're just a little exhausted. Next year we plan to do it again with Baby Zeke, but we're going to have to shorten it to a 3 city tour (with a cameo in Gainesville, of course).

Some highlights of the trip include:

  1. The crazy seafood shack we ate at with my brother in Jacksonville - even if the waitress was evil and told me they don't accommodate food allergies - the dozens of taxidermied animals all over the place were still crazy cool.
  2. Finally felting a bunch of my crochet projects, so I can get Chris to take pictures of those once we get home.
  3. Cooking with my momma
  4. The awesome seafood cookout in Fort Meade, where I ate my weight in shrimp and stone crab claws.
The low point? Realizing just how many allergies I have to deal with that are easy to deal with at home, but take a LOT of planning and special purchasing and whatnot away from home... kind of exhausting sometimes, but our hosts were all super-understanding and helpful about it.

Chris only thought to pull out his camera in Fort Meade, however, so other than the photos my dad took in Fort Myers, we only have some cool shots of the farm at Fort Meade. Chris will probably post some later, so I'll just leave you with a couple of my faves:


Walking off all those crab claws!


Emily and Duncan

No comments: