July 15, 2008

inspiration

So I've got the crafting bug right now, and am dying to mod lots of stuff into cooler, more useful stuff... so I dragged Chris to Home Depot last night so we could walk around and be inspired by the tools and supplies that are available. Let me just say, I love Home Depot. In college I used to wander around coming up with solutions to whatever art projects I had to complete, but it's been far too long since I just got to walk around and oooh and ahhh at stuff.

Last night I discovered panels of pre-built tile for backsplashes and the like (very fun), but even better, we stumbled upon Magnetic Paint! And chalkboard paint, and whiteboard paint. I wanted to buy them all! (But we were good, we didn't buy anything... just filed it all away in our brains until we're ready to actually use them in a project). Back in college my friend Dan introduced me to the wonders of tool dip... between that and all these other cool surface paints, I'm in resurfacing heaven!

No comments: