October 28, 2005

Ghost Whisperer Randomness

So I was flipping channels tonight and happened across the intro for "The Ghost Whisperer" ... it's actually a pretty interesting intro, very similar to the intro for Desperate Housewives, but then I noticed that the style seemed very similar to that of Jerry Uelsmann's wife, Maggie Miller. So I googled it, and sure enough, "Each one of the frames in the opening titles of GHOST WHISPERER is based on an original creation of artist Maggie Taylor."


I'm kinda proud of myself for recognizing it. It's also kinda neat because she came and spoke to one of my digital art classes in undergrad and talked about putting live goldfish on her flatbed scanner and stuff (and then wondering why they died so quickly). Randomness. I wonder if Tiffany remembers... she was sitting next to me in class. Man, that was a long time ago.

2 comments:

.tif said...

Woah. That *was* a long time ago, but I totally remember. She liked dead birds and live gold fish, and Mr. Uelsmann used to be a UF prof. Was that WARP class? No. That was ... our Photoshop class? I remember that class with ... with ... his name escapes me for a teacher. He was interesting. Well, all our art teachers were at least interesting. :)

Anyway, your link is broken (read: not a link at all) to Desperate Housewives. That's probably for the better - who in their right mind would ever want to go and look at that website? Ha. But, I will have to check out this intro to The Ghost Whisperer just to see Mrs. Uelsmann's work. Yay.

kendra said...

I dunno where that random code came from, but i fixed it. Desperate Housewives was never supposed to be a link. Weird blogger error.

Anyways. I can't remember that teacher's name to save my life, but I do remember he was Brazilian and gay, and he liked to take pictures of himself naked. I keep wanting to say his name was Stephen, but only because I've known about a million gay latino guys named Stephen.